That's right folks! And to celebrate passing the 200 mark, I volunteered to have Sandy ask me some questions. I know you are all just dying to hear more about green3.
1. What is something (not immoral or illegal) that if you did it, it would shock everyone?
This is scary to answer. What if I wrote something and then everyone said, “I can SO see you doing that!” I could go with the obvious murder, affair, drugs answer and be safe. But I’ll venture out bit and say these things:
If I became a “nature” person, meaning I quit using my car, quit using all forms of electronics, only ate organic food, quit shaving my legs and arms, only bought food from a farmer’s market, took my own cloth bags to the market and so on. You all know the kind of person I’m talking about. And that ain’t me.
Bought an Apple computer.
Voted Republican for a presidential election. I’ve crossed party lines before, but never for the big office.
Took my kids out of school and home schooled them. Of course that would require me to quit my job, which would be yet another shock.
Had another baby.
2. Of all the things someone could say about you, what would make you feel the best?
The most important job I have right, and the one I work hardest at, is being a good mom. So I would hope that people see my as a good mom.
3. What reality tv show would you most like to be on?
I would totally suck on Survivor. I have no survival skills. I can’t start a fire, find my own food, sleep in a tent that I had to make myself from twigs and leaves, or go without food for more than 4 hours. If I signed up for Survivor, that would have to be an answer for question 1.
The Amazing Race – It would be amazing if I thought I could actually do that. I’m smarter than that. I know that’s not my thing.
So I’ll go with The Ultimate Coyote Ugly Search. KIDDING
I think I’d kick ass on The Apprentice. Plus, I think Donald Trump is a financial genius.
4. What does a woman or man need most from a husband or wife?
Pool Boy and I could not have been better matched. And here are the reasons why:
We have the same work ethic. If there is something to be done or something you want, get off your ass and get to it.
We both strive to be excellent parents. We involve our kids in what we have going on, and we involve ourselves in what they have going on. And we do more than just the normal parent stuff – we have FUN with our kids. Our family rocks.
We both take responsibility for the house. It’s not one person’s job to do laundry, one person’s job to pick up the house, one person’s job to make dinner, and so on. We share tasks on everyone. Well, except the toilet. Apparently it IS one person’s job to clean the toilet.
5. Which toppings make up the perfect pizza?
I am the most boring pizza person on the planet. My answer is SAUSAGE and CHEESE. Sorry about that.
C'mon, friends! Now let me ask YOU 5 questions. Post a comment here or email me at thegreen3 at gmaildotcom.
Thanks, Sandy. That was fun!
Monday, April 30, 2007
That's right folks! And to celebrate passing the 200 mark, I volunteered to have Sandy ask me some questions. I know you are all just dying to hear more about green3.
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 4:44 PM
Sunday, April 29, 2007
And I'll let you in on one of mine. I love reading PostSecrets.
New PostSecrets are posted every Sunday. Check them out. And here's another secret of mine. I've never submitted a secret to PostSecret.
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 10:19 PM
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Thirteen Things I’m Working On/Thinking About (how’s that for a vague heading?)
1. I need a new water feature for my yard. Pool Boy and I went nuts and ripped out our old one two weekends ago. We need to figure out what we are going to replace it with before our plants are all up.
2. I’m in the midst of a putting up a website for a real estate project I’m involved in. I’ve got scanning to do, HTML code to write, proofing to do. It all needed to be done last week. Anyone interested in living in Pagosa Springs, Colorado?
3. I want laser surgery for my eyes. My long-time readers will remember that I did not qualify last time I went in because I’m too thin. Ok, ok. It’s actually my corneas are too thin. My body has never been too thin for anything. They told me to check back in a year, which is coming up. I’m ready to go in again, but I’m going to a different place. I really want to be glasses/contacts-free!
4. We need to get the pool ready. Our pool is open, but it’s not cleaned or heated. It might be warm enough this weekend that the boys will want to get in, so we better get it going.
5. My bedroom closet needs cleaned. We have a walk-in closet. Wait, let me rephrase that. We USED to have a walk-in closet.
6. And speaking of messes, everything else I own needs cleaned too.
7. I’m wondering why the more I run, the more my body hurts and the less weight I lose. The reason I started running in the first place was to feel better and lose weight. I think I’m doing it wrong.
8. I can’t believe how bad my stocks are sucking. AENS better damn well start breaking ground here soon. And as for TYL, those people are still awesome! Especially the one with the messy desk!
9. I’m curious how we’re going to survive our spring schedule. And with this week’s monsoon, everything was postponed. That means even more events scrunched into a smaller timeframe. I’m not complaining. I’m just sayin’.
10. I’m stopping at 10. I’m hungry and I’m out of time.
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 12:11 PM
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Today is a great day. Pool Boy (formerly known as DH or Hubs) wrote a check for $2,200. Normally if he wrote a check for that amount, I would be totally pissed. But today I’m was past excited. We paid off the Pool Boy truck!
So now our debt consist of only three things: our home (necessary), my car (necessary) and the pool (couldn’t be more unnecessary).
And now for a bit of blogkeeping…
Here are some new blogs you need to check out:
Life in the Castle – Head over there and welcome J to the blog world! She has two adorable girls and I promise you’ll get a kick out of them.
I’m a Beerkat – She is a beerkat, and is apparently proud of that.
Jarhead Corner – I except big things from this guy.
Life in the Cubicle – This is Dad Gone Mad, cubicled. Awesome
I have updated my blog roll, as I AM SURE you have noticed. I’m not sure I’m so excited about the blogroll getting that large. How am I supposed to keep up with everyone? Anyway, I’ve sorted them by IRL (in real life) blogs and non-IRL blogs. Go visit them and make sure you tell them I sent you their way.
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 10:07 PM
Boy do I have some American Idol news for you.
I have some first-hand knowledge of what is in the American Idol contracts that are given to the contestants. A person I know was part of the group that “went to Hollywood” last season. There is a line in their contracts that states that the person who is removed from the show each week is not necessarily the person who receives the least amount of votes.
Now I'm not a complete idiot, regardless of what others say. I know there is some background mumbo jumbo going on for all of these reality shows. No network is going to throw millions behind a show and just leave the results to chance. But now I have confirmation, baby!
You think it was a coincidence that Sanjaya stayed on until right before the final 6? And how he was never in the bottom three until the night he got kicked out? You know the producers stepped in and said, “If this idiot wins this competition, our show is so doomed!” So out he went. And thank god.
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 11:47 AM
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
So I've spent the better part of the past hour writing different blog postings, then deleting them because they sucked. Then I thought, what the hell? This is the best thing I have to do with my time? So sorry. No blog posting here tonight.
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 10:53 PM
If anyone ever catches me wearing mom jeans out in public, please lock me in my house and throw away the key.
Sorry Mischa. These jeans are doing NOTHING for you.
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 1:03 PM
Friday, April 20, 2007
That's right, folks. I won a MAJOR award. Can you believe it? It's right over there on my sidebar. I couldn't be more excited!
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 10:52 PM
Thursday, April 19, 2007
“Only one thing in the world could prevent me from having the soft glow of electric sex gleaming on my sidebar…"
Oh my gosh. I’m so nervous. This is the big time, people. I could win, like, a MAJOR award!
Let me tell you the number one reason why I should win a MAJOR award. Take a look at my sidebar, people. I’ve been blogging my rear end off for months and so far, no award to put on my sidebar. Do you know how horribly pathetic that looks? All of my blogging friends have cute little awards they’ve won for their various posts. I’ve even nominated someone for an award. But what about little ole me? While I would hate to say that the main reason I blog is for comments (take notice, you lurkers!) and awards, what other reason is there? I mean, c’mon.
If I won the MAJOR award, I would take such good care of it. I would treat it with respect because I know how fra-gee-lay it is. I would stay on my sidebar forevah!
I seriously doubt that any of you could beat me out for the MAJOR award, but if you’re willing to take on the battle, head on over to Life is Like a Lunchbox and find out all the details.
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 3:24 PM
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
It seems that many bloggers I read are giving it up to do something more important, like finishing their novel or something whack like that. I’m not giving it up, but GOOD LORD I have nothing to write about. Oh, unless you want to hear about soccer games, soccer practices, spelling lists, baseball practices and laundry. Yeah, that’s what I thought.
As I’m going through my day, all sorts of cool blog posts spring into my head. Like, I see some idiot at the store and my brain screams, “I AM SO BLOGGING ABOUT YOU TONIGHT!” I need to start carrying a notebook or something. WTF, is this what my life has come to? Carrying around a damn notebook so I have something to write about that night?
On another note, I'm close to my 200th post. What am I supposed to do about that? Hell no, I'm not writing 200 things about me. I could barely come up with 100.
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 10:33 PM
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 10:06 PM
Thursday, April 12, 2007
I went running tonight.
Those of you who know me - you can now pick yourself up off the floor. I have never once in my life thought that I would ever speak the sentence, "I went running tonight." It's actually my third time. Hopefully this isn't a fluke thing.
In case you haven't seen this yet, here's a funny for you this Friday.
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 10:40 PM
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
I received a “special invitation” tonight. A very elegant house in our town is on the market for $359,000. I’ve been invited to a special showing next Tuesday night. Wine and cheese will be served. The owner is an artist and they will be giving away a print every 30 minutes.
Here are the reasons I will not be attending the special showing of the $359,000 home.
1. I don’t drink wine.
2. I like Velveeta, and I’m pretty sure that’s not what they mean by “cheese”. I also like the marbled orange and white cheese, but I’m sure that’s not what they mean either. Their cheese will probably be filled with crap I don’t like.
3. There is a law that states that people who like Velveeta should never step foot in a home valued at $359,000.
4. I’m pretty sure I don’t have the appropriate clothing to wear to such an event.
5. The backyard neighbor to this home is white trash.
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 10:05 PM
Monday, April 09, 2007
I started to tell him tonight. He totally buys the whole Easter Bunny/Santa/Tooth Fairy thing. I just could not break his heart, or mine, tonight. So this conversation will have to wait until a later date. Maybe before he leaves for college I'll tell him...
The Easter Bunny came to our house this weekend. He brought basketball cards, baseball stuff, clothes and sugar. Easter, like Christmas, has that magical feel that some mysterious creature had come into our house and left us the exact items we wanted.
I love everything about the Easter Bunny, Santa and the Tooth Fairy. I grew up with these three friends. Hubs did not, and that makes me sad. (No way, don't start up that argument in my comments section.)
I'm excited that the boys, esp 3, are still into these things. But now I'm also scared as hell. Because now I think it's time that I explain to him what the deal is. I can't let him go to middle school still believing, can I? I don't want him to be laughed at when he's sitting in middle school and he blurts out that he can't wait for Santa to come to his house.
I have tried very hard to make sure my kids are not naive. Hubs grew up in a very sheltered environment and when we were dating I was amazed at the things he didn't know. He'd never seen ET for God sakes! So I'm all about making sure my kids are "in-the-know". They've been to Vegas, they know Britney Spears shaved her head, they have their favorite Saturday Night Live skits, we often quote Dodgeball and Napoleon Dynamite, they collect Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, and whatever. Some think we are heathens, but I think we're fun.
So I will not send 3 to middle school being naive about this. And I'm more worried that if I don't tell him, he'll ask Green what he thinks and then we won't have any believers anymore. And heck, maybe he already knows.
Chime in, readers. Do I tell him or do I wait until he approaches me?
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 10:26 PM
Thursday, April 05, 2007
I know Toni wanted to tag me, but she only had three lines to fill out. So in an effort to help ease her emotional pain of leaving me out, I present to you…a meme.
Three Things That Scare Me:
1. Something bad happening to someone in my family
2. Not reaching my goals
3. Not having a cold Diet Dew in the fridge in the morning. Actually, that scares the people around me more than it scares me.
Three People Who Make Me Laugh: (blogatopia friends)
1. No Pasa Nada – only one problem, though. I can’t get a feed to her site for some reason so I rarely get over to her site. Help me out there!
2. Dad Gone Mad
3. Taste The World – but now that she has a luvah she has forgotten about us
Three Things I Love:
1. High speed Internet
2. Chocolate cake
Three Things I Hate:
2. people on the highway who don’t move over when I’m trying to merge
3. This weird feeling that has been on my right side right under my chest region for the past two days. It’s bugging the SHEET out of me.
Three Things I Don’t Understand:
1. Why Buster the dog likes to snack on cat poop
2. Why hubs opened up our swimming pool in March and now we have to run the heater because it’s like 20 degrees outside
3. How airplanes fly
Three Things On My Desk:
1. My collection of odd pens
2. Lots of dust
3. A whole bunch of other crap
Three Things I’m Doing Right Now:
1. Sitting on the couch. Green and I are having a “slumber party” in the living room tonight. He’s asleep at my feet. Awwwwww.
2. Wondering if I need to take some ibuprofen to ease the cramps before I go to bed
3. Feeling guilty because I stopped at Cold Stone on the way home tonight
Three Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
1. Spend a whole week in Washington DC touring (I’ll stop and see you Nancy!). I love that city, and I really want to go back now that I’m all grown up. Note: This is the respectable side of yours truly.
2. Spend a whole week in Beverly Hills/LA celebrity watching and going on tours of celebrity homes. Note: This is the trashy side of yours truly.
3. Write a book and have it published. I used to want to write a book about the JFK assassination, but like a bazillion other people took my idea. And I know because I’ve bought every JFK assassination book out there. I’ve even read the Warren Commission Report cover to cover, my friend. I’m unbelievably hip.
Three Things I Can Do:
1. Turn my eyelids inside out
2. Pick up things with my toes
3. Spend hours on the Internet. There is no end to the amount of information out there.
Three Things I Can’t Do:
1. Run, like in running for exercise.
2. Math in my head.
3. Figure out what to put for number 3. C’mon folks. There just aren’t that many things that I can’t do.
Three Things I Think You Should Listen To:
1. Motivational speakers. Some people think they are cheesy, but I love ‘em.
2. Sirius all 80’s channel
3. Lewis Black
Three Things You Should Never Listen To:
1. Ann Coulter
2. Campaign advertisements. I hate every single one of them.
3. People telling you that you can’t do something.
Three Things I’d Like To Learn:
1. Real landscaping rather than my current method of just digging random holes and throwing a plant in.
2. To love to exercise.
3. Investing – you should never stop learning about this.
Three Favorite Foods:
2. Mountain Dew
3. Fettuccini Alfredo with Chicken
Three Shows I Watched As A Kid:
1. Looney Toones
2. Electric Company
3. Captain Kangaroo
Three Things I Regret:
1. Not traveling more before the kids were born
2. Eating that ice cream at Cold Stone tonight
3. Not being able to be a stay at home mom for my kids
Three people I tag:
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 11:35 PM
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 9:48 AM
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 9:23 PM
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 3:42 PM
Dear Body –
As you may or may not be aware of, swimsuit season is fast approaching. (And I’m leaning toward the fact that you are indeed NOT aware of that.) I’m not asking for much. It’s not my goal to have the body of a model. I just want to look and feel healthy. I want to wear a swimsuit without covering all up in sweatpants and sweatshirt when it’s 100 degrees outside.
I’m so confused. I don’t know what you need and what you don’t need. I’ve been reading all types of articles about what to feed you. First it was no carbs. Then it was no fat. Then it was yes to the carbs, but only the good carbs. Then it was no to the sugar. And yes to grains. No to aspartame, but also no to non-diet pop. Yes to water, but no to flavored water with too much sugar. No to bread, but yes to whole grain bread. No to beef, but yes to chicken. But not fried chicken. Yes to vegetables, but no to potatoes. Yes to fruits, but they also contain sugar so not too many fruits. Yes to calcium, but no to ice cream, cheese and milk.
On a show the other day, the nutritionist said that a meal that is healthy will be “colorful” due to the variety of fruits and vegetables. Brown = bad. But then I’m told that everything should be whole wheat/whole grain. In other words, brown.
So from what I’ve gathered, here is what I can feed you: plain ole water. Here’s to never being dehydrated again.
Posted by Heidi @ Trendy Dollar at 2:48 PM