Monday, November 13, 2006

Nine Weird Things About Me

Cousin Chilihead tagged me for this crazy meme. It took me awhile to come up with a list because, really, if I thought something was weird then I wouldn't do it. But alas, I was able to think of some things that I think are totally normal but that you people may think are weird. So here goes...

I get wads of infection in my tonsils and dig them out with a toothpick. Not something I like doing, but it gets rid of my sore throat in a second.

I regularly check the website www.findagrave.com. Yeah, I think it’s interesting looking at graves. I love cemeteries. So dammit, when I’m dead you all better be visiting me.

Speaking of cemeteries, I’m terrified to be buried underground. I’m going to make my boys take out a second mortgage on their homes to pay for an above ground vault to stick me in.

My favorite books, and what fills up my bookshelves, are in one of the following categories: personal development, real estate, true crime, and politics. I wonder why people don’t ever want to swap books with me.

My wardrobe consists almost entirely of black and brown.

Thanks to my husband, hotel room comforters gross me out. The minute I walk into a room, I whip off the comforter and stuff it into a corner of a room. I also can’t go barefoot in a hotel room. Sick.

Sock seams drive me nuts. The seams have to be in exactly the right place when I put my shoes on. I sometimes have to take my shoes off and put them back on a few times in order to get them just right. Side Note: This is not as bad as it used to be. I'm a recovering sock seam-aholic.

When I shop, I touch all the clothes. Even ones I’m not interested in looking at. I don’t think this is weird, but it drives my husband insane.

I’m not always very good about responding to emails. But I H.A.T.E. it when people don’t reply to mine.

So there you are, folks. Judge away, my friends, judge away. Now I tag Momof4GreatKids and An Iowa Mom. Actually I tag Momof4 to just post something. Anything. Throw us a morsel here, girlfriend.