Tuesday, July 24, 2007

There's No Place Like Greece, er... I Mean Home

I love Iowa. I really do. But we are certainly not known for our crystal clear lakes.

First, let me tell you that my parents live on an Iowa lake in a gorgeous house. Second, I'll tell you that my mom just got back from Greece. Third, when she returned home I got an email from her that said, "There's no place like home."

Now hold on there mom. That might be a bit much. Let's compare your Greece pictures to your lake pictures, shall we?


I now present the ocean mom swam in while in Greece:
















And now here is the water off their dock:


















See a difference? Ok, so now here is a picture of a beach in Greece:
















And now here is a picture of mom and dad's beach, taken this morning:

















You're right mom. There's no place like home...I guess.