Sunday, June 08, 2008

And Now This

I know I haven't been keeping you updated like I should have been. Tonight was the night I was going to download my camera and bring you up to date. I was going to tell you how awesome it was for all of us to be together and how much fun we were having. I was going to let you know that Luke and Emily were now here and we were all able to spend a few days not thinking about grief, horror, high blood pressure and heart attacks.

But then we got the phone call. Our friend, "MikeSam", died tonight of an apparent heart attack. He's around our age. OUR age. He has two little boys who aren't even in school yet. He has the sweetest wife. Mike was one of the friendliest guys I've ever met.

I can't imagine the horror. I know how hard it was for me to lose my Dad. That doesn't even compare to what L and the boys are facing. I can't imagine. I simply cannot imagine.