Tuesday, October 24, 2006

While I Was Out

So here are some good things that have happened to me since you last heard from me:

I have gotten totally addicted to www.paperbackswap.com. I mean, what could be better than getting books basically for FREE? I’ve gotten 4 books so far. I have to wait until people request my books before I can get books from other people. If you are a reader and have extra books on your shelf, you MUST join!!

My mom is recovering from her gaping head wound. So here’s the rundown…she passed out/had a seizure (still not sure what) while shopping at Menards. Who would have thunk that place could be so dangerous? We caught up with her at the ER. They shaved a bit of her hair, stapled up her head, ran some test, kept her overnight, ran some more tests, then sent her home. Still not sure what the hell happened there, but we’re keeping a close eye on her…and keeping her out of Menards.

Both of my brothers ventured back from Colorado to visit those of us stuck back here in the homeland. I love it when we get to spend time together, even if it is for a very short visit. I love those guys.

I bought a new sweatsuit at J.C.Penneys. Huh, you ask? OH YEAH. IT IS AWESOME. And it’s especially awesome that I bought it the day they had their “Buy 1 get one for 88 cents” special. It’s soft, cuddly, and I put it on every night when I get home from work. Some day I might take it off long enough to wash it.

I bought new, high quality flannel sheets. It’s a little bit of heaven.

I found where I can listen to Bruce Williams online. I used to travel a lot for my job and was always on the road between 5 - 7 PM. I've missed him since those days, but now I've found him! If you are as nerdy as I am, here is your link.

More posts coming soon - I will try not to go MIA anytime soon.