Friday, January 12, 2007

It was SO not Air Supply

Someone followed me to work the other day.

I knew she was there, and she was supposed to be following me. But somehow it still unnerved me. (I’m not entirely sure what innerved means, but I think it fits there.) Usually I just slide into my car in the morning and get myself to work however I darn well please. But that morning I had, like, responsibility to get another person to the correct destination and correct time and make sure not to lose her in the process.

Was I going too fast for her? Was I too slow for her? At one point she got ½ mile behind me. Did she think I was completely out of control and speeding my way to an early death? I was pressured, because people who drive both slower and faster than me are complete morons, in my book. I mean, everyone should be going the perfect speed – MY speed. And I didn’t want to be a moron in her book.

And then a car got between us. Dang. Couldn’t people tell that she needed to be following me? Then I wondered how many “follower/followee” couples I had gotten in between in my aimless driving to work each morning. Make a note – keep an eye out for those people so they can try to keep together.

Could she see into my rear view mirror and tell that I was singing? And if so, did it look like I was singing something cool like Pink Floyd or AC/DC or could she totally tell that it was Air Supply?