Sunday, March 04, 2007

Apparently I'm Not the Party Animal I Thought I Was...

...at least when it comes to the Ultimate Blog Party. I had all kinds of cool things to blog about this week, but never got excited enough to actually do it. I've been browsing other participating blogs. I found a few that interested me, but I found that most of them I don't have anything in common with - other than the fact that we have kids.

I've been thinking a lot about the "mommy blogger" title. I'm 100% a mom, and I blog, but does that make me a mommy blogger? Few of my blog entries talk about what we had for dinner or what funny thing my kid said today. Now there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing that, but that's not why I blog.

I blog because it's the one place I have all to myself where I can say whatever I want. If I feel a swear word will get my point across a little better, I'll use one. I may talk a little about politics, books I'm reading, favorite drinks, or something I find funny. I just find this as my one place to "get away from it all" since I can't physically get away from it all.

So instead of a mommy blogger, I've decided to call myself a "me blogger". And I don't feel selfish about it. This 20 minutes a day helps me keep my sanity.