Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Don't Know But I Can Find Out

I’ve decided that you really don’t need to know anything as long as you have a good Internet connection.

Pool Boy – How would I figure out how big this circle is?

Me – Why would I know something like that?

I couldn’t answer his question, but I could do a mean web search and have the answer to his question within seconds. I’m rarely more than 5 minutes from an Internet connection so I figure there’s no need to keep certain information in my brain. Here are some things I have decided will no longer be taking up valuable space in my brain:

How to find an area of a circle
A majority of the state capitals
The periodic table (as if I knew that to begin with)
What the library hours are
The difference between insure and ensure
Quite a bit of American history
Anyone’s address, other than my own
All recipes

That will free up plenty of space for more important knowledge, such as where my car keys are.