Monday, July 30, 2007

Hate Me All You Want, But Leave My Kids Alone

Someone hates me so much they don’t speak to me or Pool Boy. Nor does anyone in their family. It’s not a fun thing to have happen to you, but what’s done is done. Without going into details, I was forced to do something I didn’t want to do because of a subpoena. I was in the middle of an ugly situation that I wouldn’t wish on anyone. I’m over it, but I really have to get this one more thing off my chest.

Dear People Who Shall Be Nameless -

I’ve tried to be nice, be pleasant, whatever. But after Saturday night, I’m done. No longer will I waste one ounce of energy speaking your name, thinking about our situation, or worrying about how I’m going to be nice to you. I’m above your shananigans. Saturday night, when you intentionally chose to drag my kid (and my friend’s kid) into the mess, you stooped to a new low that I had no idea you were capable of. Now two innocent children know just how vicious you can be. When my son asked what he did wrong to be treated like that, how was I to respond? You can hate me all you want, but when it comes to treating my kid like shit, that’s when I get downright angry.

You have proven yourselves to be the evil that everyone said you always have been, but I was too blind to see it back when we were friends. After the past few years, and especially after the past few days, I fully understand what they meant. When you are scum enough to go out of your way to be mean to an innocent child, it’s hard to tell what else you are capable of.

So this is my official good-bye. You are out of my life and my thoughts for good.

green3