Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Life With Pool Boy

Lots of blog posts tonight. I'm sitting here watching the boys swim and so I'm catching up on tons of things - including blogging!



Luvthebearcats tagged me for this meme about me and Pool Boy.



1. We’ve been married for 14 years. Prior to that we dated for 7 years. Yes, we’ve been together 21 years.

2. We are both graduates of Iowa State University. Go Cyclones!

3. This one time, in high school, he was sitting in study hall with a group of guys. I went up to him and he said, “Here, have a seat”. I went to sit down and he pulled the chair away from me and I crashed to the floor. Everyone who was everyone in that school laughed at me. And for some unknown reason I still married him. Back then, I just laughed and got up. If it happened today, I’d totally kick his ass.

4. When he married me, I had about $10.00. He had about $10,000. I was a spender and he was a saver. Now it’s totally the opposite.

5. We both like NASCAR, but I don’t think we’re white trash. At least that’s what I keep telling myself.

6. We both hold a public office. I’m on the school board and he’s on the city council.

7. He comes from a very religious, follow-the-bible-to-the-word family. They pray and then pray some more. My family is Catholic. We drink and be merry! We both dropped our religions and just go to the church near our home now. (Chase, I’m your woman for advice!)

8. We have two boys. We think our family is just perfect!


If you want to particpate in this meme, go ahead. Knock yourself out. I've gotta get back to my laundry.