Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Tidbits

I haven't been posting much, mostly because there isn't much going on other than soccer, football, various meetings and laundry.

Here's something that happened to me today over the lunch hour. I ran to Target and left with more money than I went in with! I don't believe that's ever happened to me. I returned two pairs of shorts, totaling around $8.00. I bought some kleenex and a pop, which only came to 4 something. I'm ahead!!

We recently sold some stock that wasn't doing much of anything, and today I sent that money toward debt. Some may think that's crazy to do that, but would you take out a loan to buy some individual stocks? I didn't think so. It's exactly the same.

Three is preparing for his election. Last night we finished his poster, and he has already written his speech all by himself. I would tell you what his "theme" is, but it plays off his name so I won't. I'm so proud of him. He's awesome.

I want to send a shout out to the author of Junie B. Jones! Green has never been much of a reader("I'm more of a sports guy, mom.") But he has fallen head over heels for Junie B. books. He reads it to me every night and he made sure he took it to school with him today in case he had any free time to read. Green rocks.