Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Are You Talking About ME?

I read a blog the other day that was quote a woman who was mad at bloggers who discuss personal finance. She said that most personal finance bloggers have tens of thousands of dollars saved up, have very large salaries, have tons of money invested, brag about their wealth, throw their ideas in the face of those who have no hope, etc. She figures that we don’t relate to the average person who doesn’t have any money, has a job they hate, have piles and piles of bills and can’t ever seem to get ahead.

She doesn’t know us very well, does she.

We are average people. We don’t drive top of the line cars. We don’t buy all name-brand clothing. We don’t eat out at fancy restaurants. We monitor every single dollar that leaves our house and we know exactly where it is going. We have side jobs that bring in extra money. For example, my husband currently has his primary job, his Pool Boy business, and one more additional job. We work our rear ends off to bring in the amount of money we make.

I don’t write about money on my blog to “brag”. Being in debt is nothing to brag about. I write about money on my blog for two reasons:


1. Writing about money keeps me energized and excited about reaching my goals.

2. I want to encourage you to take control of your own finances and aim to be debt-free. I want to show you how easy it can be and how it can totally change your life.