Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The "Day After Board Meeting" Blues

Somehow I manage to get myself in situations where people have a right to stop me and complain.
Yes, I know there are problems. And regardless of what some may think, I cannot fix them all. In the perfect school district :

  • We could meet the needs of every single student, from the lowest functioning child to the brightest child in the class.
  • Every athlete would love their coach.
  • No child would ever be left behind, and we wouldn’t have to pass stupid laws that don’t work in order to achieve that.
  • Every teacher would do what’s best for the students in every single situation.
  • Every parent would be involved in their child’s education.
  • There would be enough money and time to give our children every bit of knowledge they need.
  • Children wouldn’t come from broken homes and dysfunctional families, which make education a low priority for them when these children are just trying to survive.
  • Everyone would get along.

We have an awesome school district. I’m proud to be a school member and it’s a job I take seriously. And if I had the resources to solve every problem in the district, it would be the easiest job in the world.