Monday, November 05, 2007

Fun

Some people may think that we are missing out on the “fun” in life by choosing to focus on getting rid of our debt. I certainly don’t want people to feel sorry for us. This situation is only temporary. Yes, it’s hard. And yes, it has caused Pool Boy and I to have some good (and some heated) discussions. Once we get rid of our debt, we’ll have all kinds of money and then we can REALLY have fun!

Back in the day, it was fun to buy whatever I wanted and take advantage of the “2 years no interest” plans and the “90 days same as cash”. But it was NEVER fun trying to keep track of all the different financing plans we were juggling. And I never really felt good about it. Yeah, I had new carpet, new furniture, new cars, new laptops, big screen television, and so on. None of that stuff was really mine, though, until I wrote the last check to pay it off. I’d much rather have stuff that is mine from the day I bring it home.

I now know that if you don’t have the cash to pay for it, you can’t afford it.

So if you feel bad for us, don’t. We’re not missing out on anything. I’d rather have you be excited for us because we’re counting down the months until we are debt free!