Monday, January 07, 2008

A Good Start to the New Year

I was tempted to eat out no less than 4 times this weekend. I ended up eating out zero times.

I sold a book on half.com and netted $6.00, which will be sent to my car debt. That will bring my total January car payment to $2084. It’s not always about the income, friends. It’s about getting rid of your extra stuff, as well.

Two more couples have been influenced by yours truly, and they are getting started on their own Total Money Makeover. I don’t say that in a bragging way. I say it in a, “Looky Here! You can do this too!” way.

I can whip Green in Guitar Hero. But only on Synchronicity II. And only if I’m on the easy level and he’s on the medium level. And only if I have the good chair instead of sitting on the floor. And only if I’ve had my caffiene for the day.

I’m rubbing off on my kids. Green said to me yesterday, “(name withheld) should be a Dave Ramsey fan. Their kids get whatever they want!” Yessiree, that’s my kid. And don’t worry, he wasn’t referring to any of you. These people don’t read my blog, that I’m aware of.

My kids have started the Dave Ramsey plan for kids – and they are loving it. They get their first “commission” payment tonight. The plan also includes reward certificates. Green got one for bagging the groceries at the store the other day, then unloading the cart into the back of my car. Three got one for letting the dog outside, and another one for unloading the groceries from the car and taking them into the house. They did all of these things WITHOUT BEING ASKED! Our rewards are things like, they get to pick a game to play that night, they get to have their favorite meal for supper, or they get to stay up 15 minutes past their bedtime (and their brother!) – so they are things that don’t cost us anything extra.

I’ve been able to stick to my new healthier living plan. Not loving it, but it's going ok.


Have I mentioned yet that I'm going to see Dave's live event this spring. And that I didn't even pay for it? Thanks, Mom and Dad, for one of the best Christmas presents EVAH!

307. They should know that unless they pay twice the minimum monthly payment, credit card balances never really go away.