Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Credit Reports, ones that really are free

Dang! I think I'm finally recovered from the flu. I would not recommend getting the flu if you have the option. But I'm back now and ready to continue where we left off.

At least once a year, you should check in on your credit report to make sure everything is correct. Each of the big three credit bureaus allow you one free report per year, so take advantage of this!

I recently ran mine and found two credit card accounts and one empty bank account, all of which need to be closed. Everything else was correct.

If you’ve had credit troubles in the past, it’s especially important to find out what is on file for you and make sure it’s accurate.

I recommend that you use
www.annualcreditreport.com. It’s the only one I’ve found that is truly free. No, those commercials advertising free credit reports are not really free, so don’t fall for them!