Friday, September 19, 2008

I guess this means I'm not "Patriotic"

Joe Biden says it's the "patriotic duty" of wealthier Americans to pay more in taxes. "We want to take money and put it back in the pocket of middle-class people."

He considers "wealthy" people to be those making $250K and above. I don't make anywhere near that amount of money. However, this still isn't sitting well with me.

Let me talk this out here to make sure I understand. Those who work hard, pay attention to their finances, become successful and build wealth should be forced by law to give their money back to the government - who will then turn it over to those who do not work hard, do not pay attention to their finances, don't put forth the extra effort to advance themselves and therefore do not build wealth.

Sounds an awful lot like this. And even this.