I was not aware of this until I was browsing the web tonight, but there is a 12-step program for those who use debt - Debtors Anonymous. Here are a few of the questions they list on their website for you to see if you could benefit from their help:
- Are your debts making your home life unhappy?
- Does the pressure from your debts distract you from your daily work?
- Do your debts cause you to think less of yourself?
- When faced with a difficult financial situation, do you feel relief when you think, "I can just borrow some money"?
- Do you justify your debts by telling yourself that you are superior to the other people, and when you get your "break" you'll be out of debt overnight?