Friday, July 07, 2006

Who is this person?

Since I'm new to the blogging community, I thought I better share a little bit about who green3 is!

I’m very lucky to have a wonderful husband and two precious boys, T and J, who would just die if they heard me refer to them as “precious”. I work full time for a national software company, while my husband is an elementary teacher. We are also owners of a business, which is totally unrelated to software or teaching. Mix all that together, and you can probably tell that I have little down time!

T is almost 10 years old. My how time flies! He just told me last night, “Mom, do you realize that I will be a teenager in 3 ¼ years?” I looked at him and replied, “Please don’t say such naughty words to your mother.” He walked away grinning from ear to ear. While we’ve certainly had our moments, T is definitely our easy child. I very rarely have to ask him twice to do anything, and he’s so kind to everyone he meets. He LOVES babies and recently asked for a little sister. (not happening, but in case it did he would want to name her Tiffany or Samantha). He has such a tender heart.

J is 6 ½. Several times in the past few days he has told me, “Mom, I’m not really into the thinking stuff and the reading stuff. I just do sports.” While he is just as intelligent as his older brother, he’s definitely our sports freak. He’s already reading the sports page every day and his favorite channels on television are ESPN and ESPN2. He even watches ESPN Classic – last night we watched the 1997 NBA Final game. I was forced to explain what the heck was wrong with that Dennis Rodman dude!

So let’s see…I’ve got a husband, 2 kids, 2 cars, a cat and a dog. Is that average enough for you???