Monday, July 10, 2006

Passwords

My passwords have gotten out of hand. I had my “standard” online password that I used for everything. And then websites started getting picky and required a certain number of characters, sometimes with numbers or other characters. That’s when things went downhill.

I now have about 5 passwords that I try to stick to, but sometimes with modifications made to them to accommodate the website. And I forget which passwords go with which website. ARGH!! So here I am tonight, ready to post my first “real” entry on my blog, and for the life of me I cannot remember my password. And to make it even worse, I can’t remember which of my 5 email addresses I signed up with so I’m having trouble even using the “Forgot Password” option.

So here I sit, typing my blog into Microsoft Word. I will have to wait until I get to work tomorrow because I know exactly where the post-it note is sitting my desk, keeping my mystery usercode and password.

So the topic I had for my blog today will have to wait until tomorrow…when I have my password…