Monday, August 28, 2006

Happy Birthday, 3

Dear 3

I remember the day 10 years ago when they brought you back into my room the morning after you were born. The nurse rolled your bed to the foot of my bed and quietly left the room. I got out of bed and tip-toed down to you, careful not to wake you up. The moment I looked at your sweet, quiet face, my life completely changed. I was from then on, a mommy.

I tell you every single day that I love you and that I am proud of you. But you have no idea how intense these feelings are. I am so very lucky to have you as my son. You have such a gentle heart – you are kind to every person you meet. When you run across someone who is struggling, whether it be in school or sports, you go out of your way to encourage them and let them know that you support them. That trait, along with your outgoing personality and your amazing intelligence, will help you in every aspect of your life.

This is your last year of elementary school and you have no idea how much that saddens me. My little 3er should not be 10 years old today. On the other hand, I am so excited to watch you continue along your journey to becoming a teenager.

Happy Birthday, Sweet 3.
I love you,
Mom