Sunday, August 27, 2006

Back, Vomit and Grasshoppers

Yeah, it’s back. It returned just by mowing the yard. I’m furious about it, so that’s all I’m going to say about it.

T woke up this morning with a horrible sore throat and a fever. He started vomiting this evening. He inherited this father – the two of them always throw up when they get strep. And of course it happened on a Sunday so I don’t have access to strep tests and antibiotics. (Yeah, I know, but I’m too cheap to take him to the ER. It's not like he's dying.) The worst thing about the timing of this -- his birthday is on Tuesday and we've got a whole big shindig planned for him and a handful of friends. More about that later in the week.

DH spent the day trying to keep J entertained. They took their bikes down the bike path. Apparently the path has been overrun by grasshoppers, especially the part around the stream. DH told J the best way to get through them was to go as fast as he could. J took that advice, raced through them as fast as he could, full SCREAM ahead. And then proceeded to come home and would not leave the house for 2 hours. “I’ll just have to be inside for the rest of my life. Grasshoppers attack me when I’m outside.” Nevermind that I’ve never seen one in our yard.