Friday, August 04, 2006

Talladega...what the...?

Let me set the scene here: Our family loves NASCAR. Our family loves Will Ferrell.

Now logic would tell you that the movie Talladega Nights was going to be “our”movie. This is the one we figured we’d probably go see at least twice at the theatre and be the first in line to buy it when it came out on DVD. Oh how wrong we were.

Problem number 1 – It was rated PG-13, but it should have been rated R. I’m no prude, but I had my 6 and 9 year old with me! Yeah, I know it was PG13 and I expected a few lines of crudeness. But this was bad enough that I – the “not prude mom” – was considering walking the boys out of the theater. Tons of references to sex and drugs and the swear words came out WAY too often.

Problem number 2 – The movie sucks in general. Will Ferrell is our man, but this movie totally blows. It’s just not funny.

If you enjoy these subject matters, maybe this movie is for you:

  • Ricky and his sister start making out with each other at a bar and then become a couple. “I did the paint job on his car…and we had sex.”
  • One character was gay, which means there were lots of men kissing each other, holding hands. Heck, even the straight men started kissing each other on the lips toward the end of the movie.

So my fellow bloggers, as well as my friends and family who visit me daily but don't leave comments, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT SPEND MONEY TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!!