Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Success!

I have my own library in my home. In my library, I have shelf dedicated to “success” books. Some may call these books “self help” but I prefer to call them “success” books. I don’t need help. I just like to be energized and hear enthusiastic people remind me to keep aiming for my goals. If you are like me and love to be encouraged – or if you happen to be in a rut in your life and need some words of advice, please keep reading.

I subscribe to a personal growth email that I receive on a regular basis. I read every single issue that is sent to me. It’s fabulous. A recent email mentioned that I could get a free CD from Mike Litman, who is a world-famous success speaker and author. All I had to pay was the shipping and handling. So I went for it.

I listened to it on the way to work this morning. In one section he said, “If you are driving right now, pull over because you are going to want to write this down.” Yeah, right, I thought. But as he continued, I found myself scrounging for a pen and scratch paper and writing down the things he was saying. Here are a few of the lines I was writing down this morning on my way to work:

  • People form habits, and habits form people
  • Successful people make a habit of doing things they don’t like to do.
  • Don’t focus on the process. Focus on the reward.

And he offered this 3 step approach to success:

  1. Ask yourself, “What is one thing I don’t want to do today, but if I did it it would move my life forward?”
  2. “How would I benefit from doing it?”
  3. “Do it now!”

These lines may not mean much when reading them in my blog, but when you hear the CD he explains each of these lines and how you can use them in your personal and business life.

So here is a link to Mike Litman’s website where you can request your own CD. Also read through his articles. I highly recommend it. Please note that I do not know Mike Litman, have not been asked to promote him, nor will I benefit at all if you go to his website. I simply want to share what I have found.

(If you are a "success" book reader, let me know. Maybe we can share titles!)