Sunday, December 03, 2006

100 Things!


  1. I love Washington D.C. I think it has a “magical” feel to it.
  2. I’m interested in White House/Presidential history. I’ve always been interested in JFK and the facts surrounding his assassination.
  3. It was always a goal of mine to write a book about JFK’s assassination. But I’m not so interested any more. I’ve got more important things to do now.
  4. I’m horrible at writing thank you notes and sending birthday cards. Every year I tell myself that I will do a better job.
  5. I love the Internet.
  6. I used to be extremely shy as a child. Or at least that how I remember it.
  7. I’m not shy anymore. In fact, not many people intimidate me anymore.
  8. I wasn’t a fan of my 20s. I think I was just too busy with a new marriage, new career and babies, so it went by in a blur.
  9. I love being in my 30s.
  10. My son, Green, has freckles on his nose that make me melt. He calls them his “rainbow of freckles”. He hates them.
  11. I also hate my freckles. But freckles are better than pimples.
  12. My son, 3, has a huge heart. He’s so gentle and kind. He especially loves to play with toddlers and babies.
  13. I have a degree in Journalism and Mass Communication, with an emphasis in Advertising.
  14. My passion is real estate investing, even though I’m not too involved in it right now.
  15. I’m pretty sure the good friends that I have right now are the ones I’ll grow old with. Or at least I hope so. I love them all!
  16. I’m addicted to caffeine. Esp Diet Mt. Dew.
  17. I hate coffee.
  18. I’m a meat and potatoes girl.
  19. I have two younger brothers and I think they are both awesome. The older we get, the better friends we become.
  20. I had an awesome childhood.
  21. Christmas is my favorite holiday. SANTA RULES at our house!
  22. I’ve never read the Bible, but it’s on my to-do list.
  23. I have my own library in my house, thanks to my mom and grandparents. They surprised me one day with a “While You Were Out” deal!
  24. I read mostly non-fiction. I’m trying to learn to enjoy fiction.
  25. My fingernails grow amazingly fast. I can cut them off one week and have long fingernails the next.
  26. I can turn my eyelids inside out.
  27. My husband and I were high school sweethearts.
  28. I hate sitting around doing nothing. I always have to be doing something.
  29. If I’m interested in something, I research it to death. And that drives me crazy.
  30. I don’t always answer the telephone when it rings. If I don’t recognize the number, or if I know that person is not calling for me, I don’t answer it.
  31. I am on the school board. My husband is on the city council.
  32. I think Longeberger baskets are a waste of money.
  33. I love the HBO show Curb Your Enthusiasm. But I don’t have HBO so that stinks.
  34. I have a dog and a cat. And they match in color. And I planned it that way.
  35. Cause I’m a stickler about matching. You’ll never see me or my kids in outfits that don’t match. When my husband doesn’t match, I don’t claim him.
  36. I’m starting to become a good cook. I used to be horrible.
  37. I rarely buy clothes at full price. I head straight for the sale signs.
  38. I love to stay up late. My husband loves to go to bed early.
  39. I’ve only left the country twice. Once on my honeymoon to the Bahamas and the once to Niagara Falls.
  40. I thought Niagara Falls and the Bahamas were both trashy places and probably will not go back to either of them.
  41. I can snow ski and water ski. I used to be able to slalom water ski in my pre-kid days.
  42. I consider myself a hard worker. And it really pisses me off when I see people not working hard and then whining about how they don’t have enough money, enough friends, enough of this, enough of that, blah blah blah.
  43. My sons’ baby books are pretty much empty.
  44. I hate laundry.
  45. I prefer silver to gold.
  46. I plan to be really rich someday.
  47. I thought I would be sad not having a daughter, but I’m not.
  48. My husband and I have considered adoption in the past. But it’s not going to happen now.
  49. I think everyone should volunteer their time to a local organization. Money is good, but actually getting your hands dirty is important as well. And it makes you feel good!
  50. Did I mention how much I hate laundry.
  51. I love my animals. But I hate their hair all over my house.
  52. My “to be read” pile of books is getting pretty tall and is starting to lean to the left. Which is much better than leaning to the right…
  53. I hope you "got" that item above.
  54. I wish I had more patience with my boys.
  55. My kids had great childcare while growing up and for that I’ll be forever grateful.
  56. I wish I could have been a stay-at-home mom, but it was financially not meant to be. And that’s ok.
  57. My first son’s talent is in the classroom.
  58. My second son’s talent is on the field/court.
  59. And I love that they are so different.
  60. I love my “alone” time, just being in my house, by myself. It re-energizes me.
  61. My parents are awesome.
  62. My grandparents are awesome.
  63. I’m very lucky to have all 4 grandparents still living and still active. My husband has no living grandparents.
  64. I’m a stickler for the rules. And 3 is exactly the same way. Green is very much that way too, as long as the rules are not Mom and Dad's.
  65. I remember not having much money when I was a child. And I’m glad. I think it helps me work harder.
  66. I try to make my kids understand how fortunate they are. We regularly donate to the food pantry and donate items to help the needy. And they both know how that helps people.
  67. I consider myself just of average intelligence. But my brothers are both very smart, so maybe I’m smarter than I think I am.
  68. I had to work my ass off my last year of high school in order to get the gold cords at graduation. Throughout high school I did not, as they say, “apply myself.”
  69. I didn’t “apply myself” in college either, and I do regret that.
  70. I love Desperate Housewives. It’s the only show I can’t miss each week.
  71. I have an in-ground pool at my house.
  72. My husband and I used to own an inflatable company. We now own a pool and spa maintenance/cleaning company.
  73. We also both work at full-time jobs.
  74. I hate exercising. But I really need to.
  75. I need to be drinking something at all times. I usually have Propel, Life Water, or Smart Water with me at all times.
  76. I look really bad without makeup.
  77. I have a lot of freckles. But people tell me they don’t notice them anymore.
  78. My favorite movies are The Office, Grease, Napoleon Dynamite, and Rain Man. I’m sure there are other favorites but I can’t think of them right now.
  79. I think Hillary Clinton would make an awesome President.
  80. I think Bill Clinton (minus his personal problems) was a good President.
  81. I have a hard time keeping my house clean.
  82. I’m not very good at making my boys do chores.
  83. I think it’s damn hard to come up with 100 things about myself.
  84. I’ve never done illegal drugs. I’ve only tried smoking once.
  85. I’ve never had a cavity.
  86. I’ve never had a speeding ticket, but I rarely drive the speed limit.
  87. I love it when it blizzards outside and we’re stuck at home.
  88. I wish I had a real fireplace.
  89. I’m going to have house paid off in about 11 years, and that rocks.
  90. I’ve worn braces twice – once as a teenager and again just last year. This last time was only on the bottom teeth.
  91. I’ve been in a car accident where someone was killed.
  92. I wear contacts/glasses. I don’t qualify for laser surgery. That sucks.
  93. I love NASCAR. Jimmie Johnson ROCKS.
  94. We have season tickets to the Kansas Speedway.
  95. I don’t have any tattoos. And I never will.
  96. I’m trying to enjoy sports more since my boys are so into it.
  97. I wonder what impression people have of me.
  98. The walls in my house are mostly rustic colors.
  99. This took me a month to come up with this list of 100 things.
  100. Since I’ve put all this time into it, the least you can do is tell me which things on this list surprised you!