Sunday, December 10, 2006

Back to Life, Back to Reality

So tomorrow I head back to work. Well, kind of. I'll be working from my home office, aka kitchen table. But it will be a full day. And can I tell you something? Excellent, thanks. Being off your feet for a weeks TRASHES your body. Have you any idea how fast your body loses its energy? I wrapped 10 presents today and was so exhausted I spent the rest of the night on the couch. Thank goodness it was "family movie night". So now I've got things to recover: my foot and the rest of my body.

I want to take a moment to thank everyone who called, stopped by to visit, or stopped by just to "look at me" (now THAT takes a great friend, Kajer), came in my house and witnessed my crawling across the floor (man, you were there a lot last week Kajer), offered to bring food, called, emailed, hauled my boys to their activities, and all that jazz. When you're down, you really find out who your friends are and I definately know who my friends are. That includes family, too. Mom and Dad were awesome. You're all treasures and I love every one of you!

And a special note to DH and the boys. All three of you have been amazing over the past week and I feel very special to have had you with me. You babied me, called the doctor to tell him I was barfing my guts out, took my throw up bowl to the bathroom to empty it, crawled under the couch for my boot when it got stuck under the legs, fetched me Diet Mt. Dew, held my hand as I walked down the stairs, helped get my leg propped up when I couldn't reach the pillow, and whatnot. I love you three, and I couldn't have done it without you.

JB Update: much to my disappointment, the experts are sending him home tomorrow to "deal" with his brain blood clots. He's been given a full license to drive, the works. And hopefully he's also been given a healthy dose of painkillers to go along with his intense pain. And a bunch of moola as an advance on his malpractice suit. But hey...what do I know?