Friday, December 08, 2006

TGIF

It's been a heck of a week. First I had THIS done. Then I spent the rest of the week suffering from the effects of THIS, until I threw up so much that I just couldn't throw up any more. Then I switched to THIS, which made me so jittery and jumpy and sleepy that I had a hard time telling if I was recovering from surgery or recovering from the pain medication. So thanks to my good friend, Dr. KP (well, ok, she's a receptionist at a dentist office but that's close enough for me) she said 4 ibuprofen are prescription strength, without the dillusional side effects. So I'm sticking with that for now. Today is the best day so far this week. I'm up and walking, I'm not freaking out from the effects of meds, and the pain is somewhat gone.

Tonight we're headed to Iowa City to say hello to JB, who is hospitalized down there. The latest on him - he still has double vision and they said if they can relieve the pressure in the next day or so, they will save his eyesight. If they can't relieve it soon, well, then it's bad news. Two days ago they put a tube in his ear - WITHOUT PAIN MEDICATION!! Seriously, my little foot problem doesn't seem so bad. Today they will attempt to withdraw brain fluid out via the ear tube. Good Times.

We are also going to IC to say goodbye to DH's grandmother. Yes, the funeral has not been held yet. There were grandchildren spread all over the globe, out doing good deeds like missionary work. Takes awhile to get all those schedules arranged.

"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income." --Errol Flynn

Have a great weekend!