Friday, December 08, 2006

Christmas Meme

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I love hot chocolate when those machines in restaurants make it. I also like egg nog, but can only drink like ½ cup at a time. And I can’t think about it, cause then I get grossed out.

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He does both, mostly because his “elves” can’t agree on what do to. The mommy elf prefers that they be left unwrapped, while the daddy elf prefers that they all be wrapped. So we do some of each.

Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I prefer white, but I also have all red lights. I don’t use the mult-colored lights. I like them on other people’s homes, just not for me.

Do you hang mistletoe? No

When do you put your decorations up?
At the first hint of Christmas, the day after Thanksgiving. I LOVE Christmas.

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Mashed potatoes and gravy with turkey

Favorite Holiday memory as a child
The ornaments and how special mom and dad made Christmas. Each year we would get an ornament that had something to do with something we did that year. And I also remember the “angel” we had on top of our tree. We always made fun of it, but it’s very special to me now. I kind of wish I had it on my tree, but I don’t think DH and green3 would “get” it.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I wish I could remember this, but I don’t. I suspect 3 knows. He’s a rational kid, and he knows the whole Santa deal just doesn’t make sense.

Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
We do somewhere. We’ve got so many Christmasas going on, it’s crazy. Our Christmas Craze begins on Xmas Eve and then we go hard until the 26th. Lots of Christmases, lots of families. We do our own on Christmas morning, though.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Which tree? I have 6 of them! Our main tree is red lights, with red and silver balls. Our second main tree is a frosted one with blue and silver balls. The boys each have their own with their own decorations. And our other ones are just plain right now, but they usually have white lights on them.

Snow: Love it or Dread it?
I love it for Christmas. I hate it the rest of the time.

Can you ice skate?
Why yes I can!

Do you remember your favorite gift?
Atari or my big purple bike. And I know my family probably could not afford these things back then, which makes them even more special to me now.

What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with family, the holiday baking, get togethers with friends

What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Frosted sugar cookies

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Decorating our house, baking Christmas food, and spending time with friends and family.

What tops your tree?
Ummm…the top of the tree.

Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving is so much more fun that receiving. And I’m not just saying that because I’m supposed to say that! I could not get anything for Christmas and be ok with it, as long as I was able to give fun gifts to everyone else.

What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Baby, It’s Cold Outside
Holly, Jolly Christmas

Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
YUCK!! But I’ll still eat one every year because it’s kind of like the law.

And my own questions: What do you want for Christmas?
My new blog design. I ordered it a few months ago and still don't have it.

I tag Jennifer, Iowa Mom, Mom of 4 and Nek&EaksMom.

One of these days I'm going to come up with a meme for the blogging spouses to do. Wouldn't that be awesome to find out what THEY think???? Help me come up with some questions!!