Monday, January 22, 2007

Papa Bear Hallas Would Be Proud

Thanks to my dad and my brothers, I grew up feeling like I could hang with the guys. I knew most of the Major League Baseball teams and who played what positions. I could use the terms “safety”, “full-court press” and “pinch hit” correctly in a sentence. Whenever we were in the car, you could bet that the radio would be tuned to some static-filled station and once in awhile you could hear the faint sounds of a game going on. So while I’ve never resembeled anything close to an athlete, I do know a thing or two about athletics.

I come from a long line of Chicago fans: Bulls, Cubs, and Da Bears. So when the Bears made it to the Super Bowl back in 1986, you can be sure that I was in my glory with this little diddy. I knew every word, every dance move (although after watching this qualifies as dancing), and I thought Jim McMahon was the hottest thing to walk the face of this earth.