Monday, February 19, 2007

Urgent, Not by Foreigner

I have an urgency problem, but it has nothing to do with urinating. My problem is that when an idea pops into my head, I have to deal with it immediately. This drives me absolutely crazy, and I’m sure it drives the people around me crazy.

The main reason it drives me crazy is that there are not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything that might come into my head. Here are some of the things that seem to be of urgency today:

  • Laundry needs to be folded and put away
  • Today is bill paying day
  • Need to get tax information ready for the tax dude
  • In the middle of developing a web page for my kids to use
  • The entire house needs to be cleaned
  • I want to get meals prepared for the whole week

Oh yeah, and none of that can happen until I finish work today.

And those are just the mundane tasks that need to get done. This list doesn’t even consider the “bigger picture” to do list that I continually swirling in my head. All of which seems urgent for some reason. We have big goals for ourselves (we being me and hubs) but I want them to happen right now. Where is my magic genie when I need her?