Monday, August 20, 2007

Quit Complaining

I'm a fan of Steve Pavlina's website. He has an excellent post today about breaking the habit of complaining. If you have something to complain about, spend your energy fixing the problem rather than complaining. He ends his post by saying it comes down to responsibility:

  • If I'm unhappy, it's because I'm creating it.
  • If there’s a problem in the world that bothers me, I’m responsible for fixing it.
  • If someone is in need, I’m responsible for helping them.
  • If I want something, it’s up to me to achieve it.
  • If I want certain people in my life, I must attract and invite them to be with me.
  • If I don’t like my present circumstances, I must end them.

I encourage you to jump over to Steve's blog. You can literally spend hours reading through his great posts.