Friday, October 26, 2007

Financial Blog You Should NOT Be Reading

I'm all for people posting whatever the heck they want to on their blog. I'm not going to berate someone for something they write. I will, however, remove them from my Bloglines account. I had to remove someone today.

I won't tell you who it is because it doesn't matter. It is a personal finance blog that offers their input on various money issues. One thing I see a lot of on this blog, though, is credit card offers. These aren't just ads on the side of the blog - this person actually write about the "awesome" offers being given by the credit card companies! These offers include free miles, $50 cash back, free hotel rooms, and on and on. At one point he was bragging that he made $700 on credit card sign ups. I don't even want to know how many credit cards this person has. And he's a personal finance blogger? Seriously...

Someone who is serious about personal finance should not be using credit cards and should definiately not be promoting credit cards. Actually, they shouldn't even waste their time finding out all of this information about credit cards!

So now there is an available space on my Bloglines account!