Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mom Mode

As soon as I walked in the door from work tonight, I was thrown head first into Mom Mode.

Three was still sick and camped out on the couch where he had been since 8:00AM. He REALLY wanted me to be home, according to Pool Boy. So I sat and talked with him, found out how he was doing etc.

On to Green. His birthday is tomorrow. I had purchased some cake mixes because I was just SURE cupcakes would suffice to take to school to share with his class. Oh no. "I want those cookies with the frosting on them." Yeah, that's right. The ones I make from scratch. Danggit. "And I want the cupcakes for my party tomorrow night." Double danggit. So I spent the night baking because that's what good moms (or suckers) do.

We quickly threw a birthday party together for Green, since he'll be partying with friends tomorrow night. So I ran downstairs, wrapped the presents, ran back upstairs, where he opened them.

Pool Boy reffed (is that a word?) his last volleyball game tonight so I was on my own for the rest of the night.

I shut off my "mom mode" switch around 9:00 tonight.