Monday, January 28, 2008

Progress Report

Since last summer, we’ve been hammering away at our pile of debt. In only 6 months, I’m excited to report that we’ve gotten rid of over $20,000 of debt! We started with 8 debts, and now we are down to just THREE: mortgage, line of credit loan, and my car.

We’ve sold a lot of stuff in order to get to where we are today. I know it will get harder to keep up that pace since we have sold most of the big stuff we had available to sell. Now it will come down to plain ole budgeting and not buying crap we don’t need.

I’ve also found various ways to bring in a little more moola. One area that’s been successful for me has been half.com. In the past 30 days, I’ve sold 50.35 worth of books and DVDs! If you have books and DVDs lying around, I highly recommend half.com. They even reimburse you for the shipping amount, which totally rocks. Every cent I receive goes straight to my car payment.

Let us hear about your progress on your debt tackling, plus a tip for how you are finding money to throw at your debt.

Have a great week, everyone!