Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Pile Of Money

We currently have a pile of money sitting on our kitchen counter. It's roughly $3,000. It's been sitting there for days simply because neither of us have wanted to talk about it. I want it to go one place (debt, of course), and PB wants it to go somewhere else. Where, I have no idea. Savings probably.

Just a few minutes ago, I brought it up.

Me: What are we going to do with that money?

PB: What do you want to do with it?

Me: I give him "the look" because he knows darn well what I want to do with it.

PB: If you already know what you are going to do with it, then why do you even ask me?

So there you have it, folks. I wish I could provide you with some brilliant way to have a budget meeting. Unfortunately, this is how it works at our house. The situation is ignored until I finally bring it up, then I tell him what should be done with the money and he grumbles about it. But later, when people are asking us about our financial strategy, Pool Boy's all "Yeah, we hate debt. Debt is dumb!"

I've decided that he loves not having the debt, but hates the process of getting rid of it.

Now, see that off to the right? It's a survey. Since very few of you are leaving me comments (I keep telling myself "It's not about the comments!" but really it is), the least you can do is answer the survey. I'm very curious to know how much everyone is paying in car payments. I'll tell you my answer - ZERO. However, there was a time when our car payments totaled over $1000 per month. Sickening, but true.