Friday, August 22, 2008

It's for US

As we were celebrating our "Dave" anniversary the other day, Pool Boy asked how much we had paid off in one year. I'm kicking myself for not keeping an exact number like those people on Dave's Debt Free Friday calls do, but from my rough estimates it's around $45,000. IN JUST ONE YEAR! That is a lot of sacrificing, a LOT of selling stuff and a lot of focus.


I heard a phone call of Dave's today from a lady who paid off $50,000 in debt with a $65,000 annual income. They had a whole lot of stuff to sell. "Was it worth it?" Dave asked. "Without a doubt," she replied.


I have two new pictures hanging in my office at work. One is of a beach and one is of a mountain. That will be my life in the future and I remind myself of that every single day. We are working to make money for us - not for a car payment, not for a credit card payment, not for a bunch of things that make us appear wealthier than we really are. The money is for us.