Thursday, September 04, 2008

$15.60 for Pop

That's how much I was paying for a 24 pack of pop. Out of the pop machine at work.

Yes, I'm a pop drinker. I know I should quit but it's not happening anytime soon. I drink a bottle on my way to work each morning then I have a can in the afternoon. I always got my afternoon pop out of the pop machine because, "it's only 65 cents."

But "only" adds up.

I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and spotted a 24 pack for $5.00. I stopped, ran through the quick calculations in my head, then threw the case of pop into my cart and got the heck out of there before I bought anything unnecessary.

This is just one little thing, but I just saved myself $10.60. Think of all the other "little things" that could save you some money.

On another note, I have had several unwanted purchases sitting on my bedroom floor. For months. I finally brought them to work with me today and returned them over my lunch hour. I then had $66.00 in cold, hard cash! But only for a short time. I immediately deposited it, then came back to work and entered a principal payment of $66.00. Of course.