Monday, September 01, 2008

Parenting

I read a Dear Abby letter today that broke my heart. I can't find the online version of it, or else I would link you to it. It was a letter from an 11 year old girl. She said her Dad never played with her. He was always too busy working, hanging out with friends, or sitting in front of the television.

Being a parent is way more than bringing home a paycheck and hanging around the house. Do things with your kids. Get involved in the things they like to do, whether it's playing baseball/softball, playing catch, playing a board game, or playing with dolls. It will make a world of difference in their childhood.

In a somewhat related note, our family plays baseball all summer long, always parents vs. boys. We're now in the middle of our World Series and Pool Boy and I are down 2-1 in the series. It's important to note that this is our first win of the entire summer...