Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ranch Dip

I found this dip on allrecipes.com (one of my very favorite websites). I'm kind of a picky eater, so when I find something good I get so excited! My husband and I have made this like 4 times in the past week. Not too healthy, but man is it good.

Hints:
1. This recipe makes a TON. Do not make the whole batch unless you are going to a very large party! We have halved this recipe each time we've made it and we always end up throwing it away before it goes bad.

2. Don't be afraid of the cayenne pepper. I'm a wimp when it comes to spicy foods, but this adds just the right touch. Of course I didn't really measure anything while I was making this. I just dumped in the ingredients.

3. I've eaten this with potato chips with ridges, but I think it's best with those cracker things that look like sticks. Can't think of the name of them now...

Ranch Dip

INGREDIENTS:
2 (1 ounce) packages dry Ranch-style
dressing mix
1 (16 ounce) jar mayonnaise
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 (8 ounce) container cottage cheese
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper

DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, mix together dry ranch-style dressing mix, mayonnaise, sour cream, cottage cheese, lemon juice, garlic salt, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.