Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Things I Saw on my Vacation to the Twin Cities!

Dead Bodies – Not your idea of a vacation, eh? While at the Science Center of Minnesota, DH and I went through the BodyWorlds exhibit. Weird at first, then interesting. The most interesting part was a woman who was 8 months pregnant. Her body was opened so you could see how the baby was sitting in there. VERY awesome to see. There were also embryos in the various stages of development. If you have the opportunity to go, I recommend it.

A Kid Faint – Yeah, a pre-teen kid standing near me at the BodyWorlds exhibit fainted. Can’t blame him. That is exactly why my pre-teen kid was not in there with me.

Tattoos Galore! – What the heck? Am I the only person in the world that hates tattoos? We were at a water park and I swear every adult had a tattoo. Even one of the bodies in BodyWorlds exhibit had a tattoo on his arm. Of course it was hard to tell what his was because his body was sliced into 5 layers.

Extreme Bravery – J, who is 6, rode every single roller coaster and water slide. It was the first trip where we’ve all been able to enjoy the same things, and it was so much fun. T, age 9, even rode the surfing wave thing at the waterpark. He’s a kid who always takes the “safe” route, so for him to do this was so much fun to watch. They were both so proud of themselves. And so were we.


Extreme “Daddy” – DH did NOT want to do the surfing wave thing, but the boys really wanted Daddy to do it. So, of course, he did. Awwwwwww.

Naughty Kids - It was our first trip to a science center. There should have been an exhibit on “Why parents allow their kids to be little shits.” Here are a few comments that ran through my head that day. If only I was better at dealing with confrontation, they probably would have actually come out of my mouth:

“Could you get off your damn cell phone and tell your kid that her turn is UP?”

“Why do mothers make their kids wear dark blue socks with white tennis shoes? Do they have any idea what they are doing to their kids?” (Ok, I actually said this one out loud to DH.)

“You appear to be oblivious to the fact that your kid is SCREAMING HIS HEAD OFF! Get him out of here!”

First Aid Station – we only had to visit it once, so we consider that a success. Said injury is below.

LOVED THIS VACATION!!!!

(I can't get the dang pics here. You'll just have to wait on those.)