Wednesday, August 23, 2006

WFMW: Packing Kids Clothes



Whenever I pack for a trip, I make sure to pack the kids’ things as simply as possible. So I lay out outfits they will need for each day, complete with socks, underwear, etc. For each day, I lies the clothes out (I may fold the shorts and shirts in half so that it makes a skinny stack), stack them up, and then roll them up. So each day we’re on vacation, the kids just have to grab a roll out of the suitcase and they have everything they need to get dressed for the day!

This works awesome for several reasons:

  • Helps me make sure I pack enough socks and underwear for them.
  • Keeps the clothes from getting too wrinkled in the suitcase.
  • Saves space in the suitcase.
  • Makes them self-sufficient while we’re on vacation. All their clothes are in one spot – we’re not searching for this shirt or those shorts.

I learned this from my mother. It worked for her, and it definitely works for me! Check out more tips at Rocks in my Dryer.